Due to some issues seen with updating the firmware for VTrak Mx10 products via WebPAM, Promise Technology recommends performing all firmware updates on the VTrak Mx10 family via the CLU/CLI and TFTP server. This issue only effects the M210, M310 and M610 VTrak products.
Note - It is recommended to stop all I/O and Disk activity on the VTrak before updating the firmware. In the event of an error after the firmware flash, please contact Promise Technical Support for additional assistance: https://support.promise.com
Updating the firmware from the CLU
- Download the Free TFTP server from solarwinds.net site. A link is given below for download location.
- Install the Solar Winds TFTP server software. Reboot server after installation
- Download the latest VTrak MClass firmware update
- Launch the TFTP server
- Copy the firmware image file (*.img) to the C:\TFTP-Root Folder
- From the TFTP server, go to File and click on Configure. Click on the Security tab and make sure you enable Transmit and Receive.
- You need to keep the TFTP server running to upgrade the firmware.
- Check that the terminal settings are 115200, 8 bit, 1 stop bit, no parity, no flow control.
- When the HyperTerminal window opens, press ENTER to start the CLU
- For more information on making the serial connection, please see your VTrak user manual.
- Type the IP of TFTP server. This should be the same IP address as your host computer.
- Port number: 69. This is the default for TFTP server
- File Name: Enter the filename of the firmware image to upload.
Updating the firmware from the CLI
Steps 1 though 6 are same as above.
- Connect to the VTrak controller via serial or telnet connection and use HyperTerminal to log in
- For serial: Check the following settings: 115200, 8 bit, 1 stop bit, no parity, no flow control.
- For telnet: Telnet to the VTrak's IP address; port 2300
- If the session opens into the CLU menu, type CTRL-X or choose Return to CLI from the main menu.
- example: ptiflash -t -s 192.168.1.1 -f fw_multi_20031010.img