I am having a problem connecting my MacPro to the VTrak Ex30using a Brocade DCX-4S Director switch. How do I connect my MacPro to the VTrak Ex30?
• TheBrocade DCX switch will only work in “N Port” topology setting with the VTrakEx30 and Ex10 Fibre Channel front end.
• MACOS X Leopard and Snow Leopard do not support ALUA which offer “Port Aliasing”support for seamless VTrak Ex30 or Ex10 controller failover / failback.
• NLPort Topology supports “Port Aliasing - N Port does not.
• LUNAffinity is enabled on the VTrak Ex30 and Ex10 using NL topology to ensureseamless controller failover / failback in a MAC OS environment.
• AnNL topology supported Fibre Channel switch needs to used in between the MAC andthe DCX switch for seamless VTrak controller failover / failback to work.
• Linuxand Windows system support N Port Topology
To ensure proper connectivityusing a Brocade DCX switch, please see diagram below:
Tech Support Contact Information: