This document contains best practices that will insure that maximum performance is obtained from the SuperTrak EX 4650/8650/8654/8658/16650.
SR3 firmware (version 1.08.0000.00) with respective SR3 drivers and SR3 WebPAM/CLI versions.
Steps for Optimal Performance:
These quick steps will help to insure that optimal performance is obtained out of the card.
- Only use equipment that has been verified in the latest HCL (Hardware Compatibility List). This list can be downloaded from the Promise website.
- Make sure cache is enabled on each Hard Drive
- Make sure write back cache is enabled at the logical drive level.
- For larger block size transfers, adjust the default LD stripe size from 64k to 256k or larger.
- In order to maximize the design bandwidth, it’s strongly recommended to use a PCI-e x8 slot. Some motherboards (older ones especially) have PCI-e x8 or x16 physical slots, but the system bios only runs on PCI-e x4 electrically. It’s important to make sure the system board supports PCI-e x8 completely. Refer back to step 1.
- If a redundant data RAID level is selected (not RAID 0) it’s important to fully initialize the LD before performance testing.