Prior to calling Promise Technical Support for any Pegasus related problems, please capture and prepare the Service Report:
- Open the Promise Utility, click on Subsystem Information, then unlock the padlock, and then click Save Service Report.
- If this is successful, then it will open a new window for you to choose a folder to save the report. After that, you may use Finder to see that the file has been created in the folder.
If it is unable to save the Service Report, you can manually gather information using the method below.
- Open the Mac OS Terminal session: In Finder, go to Applications, then open Utilities, then open Terminal.
- At the "$" prompt, type promiseutil and press Enter. If Promise Utility is installed, this command will change the prompt to "CLIIB>".
- At the "CLIIB>" prompt, type each of the following commands on their own line, pressing Enter after each one:
enclosure -vctrl -vphydrv -varray -vlogdrv -vchecktable -l 0
eventevent -l nvram
Once that is done, then in the Applications folder, open TextEdit, and from File select New Document.
Select All from the Terminal window, and Copy the entire terminal session to your clipboard; then, Paste it into the TextEdit document. Finally, Save the TextEdit document as a "Rich Text File".
These logs are vital in assisting Technical Support for resolution of any issues.