The noise level of a storage solution is an important consideration for users, especially in noise-sensitive environments. This knowledge base article provides information about the noise levels of Promise Technology's Pegasus32 Series, including the Pegasus32 R4, Pegasus32 R6, and Pegasus32 R8 models. Understanding the acoustic characteristics of these products can help users assess their suitability for different work environments.
1. Pegasus32 R4 Noise Level:
- The Pegasus32 R4 is designed to deliver high-performance storage with minimal noise disruption.
- In operational mode, the noise level of the Pegasus32 R4 is approximately 31.1 dBA.
- When the Pegasus32 R4 is in idle mode, the noise level reduces to around 28.9 dBA.
- These noise levels ensure quiet operation, making the Pegasus32 R4 suitable for noise-sensitive environments such as home offices, creative studios, and small business settings.
2. Pegasus32 R6 Noise Level:
- The Pegasus32 R6 offers expanded storage capacity while maintaining a reasonable noise level.
- In operational mode, the noise level of the Pegasus32 R6 is approximately 33.2 dBA.
- When the Pegasus32 R6 is in idle mode, the noise level slightly increases to around 31.6 dBA.
- Despite a slightly higher noise level compared to the Pegasus32 R4, the Pegasus32 R6 operates within acceptable limits for most users and environments.
3. Pegasus32 R8 Noise Level:
- The Pegasus32 R8 provides high-speed storage performance combined with reliable operation.
- In operational mode, the noise level of the Pegasus32 R8 is approximately 34 dBA.
- When the Pegasus32 R8 is in idle mode, the noise level decreases to around 31.4 dBA.
- While the Pegasus32 R8 generates slightly higher noise levels than the previous models, it remains suitable for various environments with proper noise management considerations.
4. Noise Level Considerations:
- The noise levels mentioned for the Pegasus32 Series models are approximate values. Actual noise levels may vary slightly depending on factors such as system configuration, ambient noise, and operational conditions.
- Users should consider the noise level specifications alongside their specific requirements and the environment in which the storage solution will be deployed. For noise-sensitive environments, additional soundproofing or alternative placement options may be necessary.
5. Noise Mitigation:
- To minimize the impact of the noise generated by the Pegasus32 Series, users can consider implementing the following strategies:
- Position the storage solution in an area that reduces noise propagation, such as a dedicated server room, storage closet, or under a desk.
- Utilize soundproofing materials or enclosures to dampen noise levels further.
- Ensure proper ventilation and airflow around the storage system to maintain optimal operating conditions without compromising cooling efficiency.
The Promise Technology Pegasus32 Series, including the Pegasus32 R4, Pegasus32 R6, and Pegasus32 R8, offers high-performance storage capabilities with noise levels optimized for quiet operation. With noise levels ranging from approximately 28.9 dBA to 34 dBA, these storage solutions are suitable for noise-sensitive environments such as home offices, creative studios, and small to medium-sized businesses. Users should consider their specific requirements and the environment in which the storage solution will be deployed when evaluating the noise characteristics and explore additional noise mitigation options if necessary.