VTrak D5800 units provides an option to use the SSD drives for Cache Data. To use this option, you will need to install the SSD drives using the below Instructions.
- Connect the left most SAS port on the data cache module to the left most SAS port on the left controller.
- Connect the right most SAS port on the data cache module to the left most SAS port on the right controller.
- The other SAS Port on the controllers are used to connect the JBOD expansion Chassis. It should not be used for SSD Data Cache.
Note: SSD Drives have to be purchased separately and are not shipped with the unit. Cabling has to be done as shown for achieving the best results.
Once the cables are connected as shown, we can proceed with Pool and Volume creation. We can use the SSD drives to create Read cache or Write cache or both.
Steps to create SSD Cache:
- Click on “Pool” Menu on the Web Interface.
- Expand the “Overview” Menu and click on “Cache”
- Choose the “Create Cache” option.
- There are 2 Cache options to create.
- Write Cache: Will need 2 hard drives for this option (To use Mirroring feature).
- Read Cache: Will need Minimum of 1 hard drive (No Mirroring option for Read Cache).
- Then select the drives you want to add to the Cache.
- We then have to attach the Cache to the Pool by selecting it from the “Pools” Option
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete the process.