To connect to the NS4600 using the ISCSI protocol you require an iSCSI software initiator or an iSCSI Host Bus Adapter which must be connected to the same network as the NS4600.
Follow this procedure to set up the NS4600 for iSCSI connectivity:
- Log in to the Promise Array Storage Manager (PASM).
- Go to Administrator and enter the Main Menu.
- Click on RAID MANAGMENT and select iSCSI MANAGMENT.
- You will need to set up your disk volumes for iSCSI acess to be available. Note: You will need to have space available on your RAID array when it is initially created. If you use all the diskspace in the array creation you will not be able to set up any volumes.
- Once the disk volume(s) is created a default iSCSI indentifier will be available for each volume you created, identifiying the disk volume on the iSCSI initiator of your host system.
- Once you have completed this process, go to your iSCSI initiator and log in to the NS4600. Be sure to input the IP address of the NS4600 port on the host initator side.