**WARNING:** Converting the file system will erase the entire contents of the drives on Pegasus. All data currently on the hard drives will be lost. Make sure you back up all data to another system before proceeding.
Follow these instructions to change the file system to APFS using Mac Disk Utility.
1. If the Mac driver for Pegasus has been successfully installed and loaded, you will see the NTFS volume on your Desktop. Note that the volume is read-only until you change it to the APFS file system.
- If Pegasus is connected to a Thunderbolt port on your Mac, the volume icon looks like this:
- If Pegasus is connected to a USB port on your Mac, the volume icon looks like this:
2. Use Mac Disk Utility to erase the volume and format it with APFS. Select "External device" > "The Partition Promise Pegasus," then click "Erase" to format it as APFS.
3. Type a Volume Name and select Format type Mac OS Extended (Journaled).